For a Statement regarding the resignation of Bishop-elect Michel Mulloy click here.
If you would like to see the ‘Guidelines for Parish and Church Political Activity’ issued by the Minnesota Catholic Conference (MCC) please click here.
Please Note: As of Saturday, July 25, 2020 everyone attending Mass or entering Church buildings will be required to wear a face covering as ordered by Governor Walz.
Please note that instructions from our Governor and from our Diocese has been changing constantly. This is the latest information we have on the Coronavirus as of May 24th, 2020.
You can read Father Bissonette’s latest COVID-19 announcement here.
You can read the Diocese latest update on COVID-19 protocols here.
In essence it allows Masses to begin May 27th at 25 percent capacity.
- There will be a Holy Hour of Adoration after daily Masses/
- Parishes will be required to follow the strict protocols for sanitation and social distancing that were released previously and will have to limit attendance to one-forth of the seating capacity of the church. Once the quota is reached no one else will be allowed in. The quota is approximately 16 people at St Paul’s and 55 people at St Edward’s.Keep in mind that families may sit together and this would increase the quotas. Please arrive early to assure a seat and please take advantage of the extra Mass scheduled at this time.
- Masses may be celebrated provided that the congregation does not exceed one forth (1/4) of the seating capacity of the church.
- Those attending Mass will be screened outside of church and not permitted in with a high temperature (over 100).
- No one will be obliged to attend Mass, as the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass continues.
- Although outdoor Masses have been approved, Fr Keith does not plan on this option unless the existing four weekend Masses are filled to capacity (25%).
St Edwards daily Mass will resume on Tuesday, May 26th with Mass at 8:30 AM (Tuesdays, Wednesday and Fridays). On the First Friday of the month there will be Adoration at 7:30 followed by 8:30 Mass. There will also be adoration on the 1st Saturday of the month for 1 hour after Mass.
St Paul’s daily Mass will resume on Thursday May 28th at 8:30 AM. On the 1st Thursday of the month, St. Paul’s will have Adoration after Mass until 9 PM.
Weekend Masses will resume on Saturday, May 30th.
Also there will be a Holy Hour of Adoration after each weekday Mass at both Parishes. Please note there will be no Adoration on weekends as Fr Keith needs time to travel and prepare for Mass.
Fr. Keith Bertram
Please note further restrictions:
We must meet very strict guidelines for distancing and disinfecting, in order to comply with the governor’s extended restrictions on religious gatherings.
Some items to keep in mind:
• Only 1/4 of the capacity on the church are allowed at each Mass.
• Please do not greet each other with touching.
• If you are not feeling well, 65 or older, or you have an underlying medical condition that puts you at risk for the virus, please stay home.
• In the church, please follow the signage in regard to social distancing (6 ft. between people is recommended).
• The use of masks is highly recommended, following the CDC guidelines for face coverings.
• The use of hand sanitizers and frequent hand washing (20 seconds is recommended) are expected.
Changes during Mass:
• The physical exchange of the sign of peace is suspended.
• Holy Communion will be given to the people only by the consecrated host.
• Holy Communion will be given at the conclusion of Mass.
NOTE: Until the crisis passes, the obligation to attend Sunday Mass has been lifted. No one should feel obliged to come to church. This will remain in place until it is safe for all to return to church. Sunday remains the Lord’s Day so Mass can be followed on television, radio and online with a spiritual communion. Devotional practices such as an hour of silent prayer, the Rosary, scripture reading, or other meditations can mark the day.
God has truly got this!
Fr. Keith Bertram
Looking for our weekly bulletin and other updates? Click Here.